Part-Time Curatorial Assistant Position
Suzanne Randolph Fine Arts is a well established fine art advisory firm which provides comprehensive services including overseeing all aspects of commissioning major public art projects in New York City and other metropolitan areas. One of our current projects is a memorial to the victims and survivors of Hurricane Maria which devastated Puerto Rico. The memorial will be placed in Lower Manhattan.
We are seeking a part-time assistant to coordinate with other members of our staff to assist in the following:
· Review and analysis of proposal submissions;
· Assist in serving as a liaison with artists and designer to address any questions and issues;
· Participate in the expanded announcement of the memorial project;
· Participate in public review meetings, as required.
Candidates will be given preference if they have the following experience:
· Several years in an administrative or curatorial capacity with arts organizations or with individual artists;
· Familiarity with contemporary artists, architects and designers with preference to those with knowledge of Puerto Rican art;
· Knowledge of and access to arts organizations which serve and connect with Puerto Rican communities in Puerto Rico, New York City and other parts of the United States;
· Solid organizational and research skills to assist in furthering outreach;
· Good written and communication skills;
· Comfort with social media tools and resources;
· Nimbleness of design programs such as InDesign;
· Preference to native Spanish speaker or proficiency;
While this initial project is a priority, there are other upcoming projects, which will enable a candidate to continue with the firm.
Hourly fee commensurate with experience.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.